THAT STORY WON’T BRING ITSELF TO LIFE
Subscribe to email updates
Follow on Instagram @dinat_comicart
**CLASSES Scheduled for 2021 – Ashburton Community Centre (Australia – Melbourne)
Making art accessible by
- simplifying and providing instruction on how to draw
- providing a safe space for everyone
- using minimal and affordable materials
Comic Art lessons
- including how to draw faces, bodies, food, flowers, a dragon, a star (to many to list here)
- opportunity for kids develop their own stories or single panel drawings using what they have learnt or their own creations
- a little different each term as kids have a say about what they want to do
Knowing how to draw is not something that people are born or gifted with, but requires skills and practice. A LOT of practice. Comic art seeks to make that realisation within the child.
The dream is to catch the thought “I’m no good at” before a child believes it to be true. I have no desire to make anyone an artist. That love for drawing comes from deep within, and not something I can control nor want to. However that negative self talk (“no good at”) can block a child from seeing their love (regardless of what their love is). Learning the skills (my part) with lots of practice (their part) I hope will confront that self talk and kick its butt.